Re: [ldm-users] NAM Kerfluffle

-- correction --

I was wrong.. there was nothing wrong with NAM last night... We had an extremely high volume attempt to breach our systems... for example, the box on which the problems occurred, in the last hour we had:

root@5mod:/var/log# grep -c ail auth.log
122358

or 122K attempts to hack the box... what happened overnight is logs filled up the system not allowing nam to write to disk...

The source appears to be somewhere in China... they could have chosen me because that rack of servers sits directly on a 10GB Hurricane Electric backbone, or it could have just been a random event... In case they were targeting weather related systems, everyone may wish to look deeply into their logs to see if anyone dropped an egg on your system.

Sorry to bother!

cheers,

--patrick

Patrick L. Francis

Vice President of Research & Development

Aeris Weather

http://aerisweather.com/

http://modelweather.com/

wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx