Re: [ldm-users] make directory error at compile time

  • To: "Wojtowicz, David P Jr" <davidw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] make directory error at compile time
  • From: Steve Emmerson <emmerson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 14:38:59 -0600
David,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Wojtowicz, David P Jr <davidw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> I've never understood why ldm has to have the extra "move it down" step
> described. This is inconsistent with nearly all other open source packages
> that are extracted from tar.gz files. Couldn't it be packaged with in a src
> directory already inside the tar file?

That would be nice.

Unfortunately, due to a decision made many, many moons ago on how to
support installing a new LDM package while keeping the previous version
around in case it was necessary to revert to it *and* the use of GNU's
automake(1) to distribute the package, doing what you and I would both like
(having an "src/" directory in the tarball) would require quite a bit of
work. Given all the other stuff to do around here and the fact that the
status quo works if the instructions are followed , I'm afraid it's not a
priority issue. :-(

I need minions. :-)
  • Search the ldm-users archives: