          Other NWS Partners and NWS Employees

From:     Tim McClung
          Chief, NWS Science Plans Branch
          Office of Science and Technology

SUBJECT:  Change of the MADIS Distribution Services effective
          Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Starting on Wednesday, January 21, 2015, beginning at 1200
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), all MADIS distribution services
(LDM, web services, and FTP) have new NCO access points.

The MADIS LDM servers at ldm.madis-data.noaa.gov and ldm.madis-
data.nws.noaa.gov at GSD and the NWS TOC will be changed to:

ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov

The MADIS web services being provided at
https://madis-data.nws.noaa.gov
https://madis-data.noaa.gov

will be replaced with the following services at

https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov

MADIS surface dumps:
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/public/sfcdumpguest.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/public/sfcdump.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/public2/sfcdump.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/research/sfcdump.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/noaa/sfcdump.html

MADIS surface hydological dumps:
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/public/hydrodumpguest.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/public/hydrodump.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/public2/hydrodump.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/research/hydrodump.html
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/noaa/hydrodump.html

MADIS surface display:
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/MadisSurface

MADIS MAP/CAP displays:
https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/cap

The MADIS public FTP access points websites: pftp.madis-
data.noaa.gov and pftp.madis-data.nws.noaa.gov will be changed to
the new NCEP ftp access point:

madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov

The MADIS restricted FTP access is now provided through web
services on the NCO MADIS systems. Please contact madis-
support@xxxxxxxx if you need help with this transition.

The MADIS teams at GSD and NCO have tried an ensure all firewall
rules are in place for users but need to work with the users to
verify that data ingest to user sites is not interrupted during
the operational transition.

The current operational instance of MADIS running at GSD and the
NWS Telecommunication Operation Center (TOC) are schedule to be
decommissioned starting March 31, 2015, at which time users that
have not transitioned will no longer be able to receive MADIS
data. Please work with us to help avoid data disruptions to your
sites.

If you have any questions or concerns please, contact

madis-support@xxxxxxxx.

If you have technical comments or questions, please contact:

Steven Pritchett
NWS OST MADIS Program Manager
NOAA/NWS/OST/PPD Science Plans Branch
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Steven.pritchett@xxxxxxxx

National Public Information Statements are online at:

   http://www.weather.gov/os/notif.htm

$$

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Kevin W. Thomas <kwthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx