Re: [ldm-users] server interruption: albany

We had a drive (and/or SATA controller) go bad, and it's being replaced
now.  Fortunately, we were able to back up all the LDM-related data and
config files, so we should be able to have it set up and running quickly
once our provider is done swapping the drive.)

We expect this LDM server to be back in business no later than tomorrow
morning.  As a reminder, it carries the "firehose" (aka "EVERYTHING") for
all text feeds, and NEXRAD2, NEXRAD3, NGRID, UNIWISC, and CONDUIT.

In the interim, if you get data from us and still need an alternate server,
please email me directly and let me know which server(s) and feed(s) you'd
like:
- Tampa, FL (2 servers) -- carries text, NGRID, NEXRAD2/NEXRAD3, NGRID,
UNIWISC, CONDUIT
- Miami, FL -- carries text, NGRID, UNIWISC, CONDUIT
- Atlanta, GA -- carries mostly text, some graphics feeds.

Also, if you would like extra backup feed providers, also feel free to
reach out to me directly.  All our servers are at least 100Mbps symmetric,
and at least one is 1Gbps symmetric (dedicated), so we have plenty of space
left.

If you've got access to any of our existing servers (tampa-fl-1,
albany-ny-1, etc), you're automatically getting added to the newest 1Gbps
server (tampa.updraft.us) before the end of the day with "ALLOW ANY".
However, I may be reaching out to you to see how you're using it...I want
to make sure we don't over-allocate the bandwidth on our servers and cause
problems inadvertently.

--

Blair Trosper
  Updraft Networks