[ldm-users] Major network move for weatherx.admin.niu.edu

Hello everyone,

Starting at 15:30Z on Tuesday, November 11, all my servers will be switching to our new network on campus. While my DNS resolved names of the servers will not change, the IP addresses will. Furthermore, this will knock all my servers offline, to the point where I won't be able to receive email, be on the Internet, etc. I can guarantee this transition
will not go smoothly.

I expect to be down Tuesday at 15:30Z through all of the rest of next week, until DNS can catch up, and I figure out how to reconfigure my servers. Although I put in firewall port open requests...I'm not confident those will work, initially. Please make sure you have a backup until all of the issues are resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience, but getting off an old system is good for everyone in the long run, and that's what I am looking to.

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **