Re: [ldm-users] connection problems -- help?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014, Blair Trosper wrote:

And we're able to receive OTHER feeds from tamu.edu (HDS, IDS|DDPLUS), just
not NEXRAD2.

We have another server at the same DC with the same config that's able to
receive NEXRAD2 from the same tamu.edu server without any issues...so we're
sort of baffled.  The only difference is the versions of LDM.  Old server
is on 6.8.1, and the new one is on 6.12.6.

ldmping and notifyme work fine, but when LDM is running -- no data.  We get
those weird errors I pasted.  We've been experimenting for hours and have
made no progress.

OK, so you are able to get level 2 from WISC, and from TAMU. It sounds like there is something constraining the bandwidth at the server. Maybe the network card or something with networking has issues? Have you tried a simple speed test (like speedtest.net) to see if you have good connectivity? If so, wow, I'm stumped...

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **