[ldm-users] ldm upgrade - pid error

When we originally upgraded novra firmware and the noaaport ingest package..
somewhere along the line we learned that the PID sequence should look something
like this:

# DVB-S ingest
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.1"

where 224.0.0.1 ran from 1-8

then we learned that 9-10 was supposed to be in there...

wonderfully however, I just learned perhaps it goes back to the original   I
just noticed emmerson upgraded to ldm 6.12.6 and he shoots out an error letting
me know what’s wrong

ldm@dish2r2:~/var/logs$ grep PID ldmd.log
Sep  9 15:49:32 dish2r2 noaaportIngester[14599] ERROR: [multicastReader.c:54]
Invalid NOAAPORT PID channel: 10
Sep  9 15:49:32 dish2r2 noaaportIngester[14598] ERROR: [multicastReader.c:54]
Invalid NOAAPORT PID channel: 9

so I re-edited ldmd.conf and ran from 224.0.1.1-10 and saw that errors did not
occur for 7 or 8, so I’m assuming we should now have the following entry in our
ldmd.conf.. can anyone confirm?

# DVB-S ingest
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.1"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.2"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.3"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.4"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.5"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.6"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.7"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -m 224.0.1.8"

cheers,

--patrick

Patrick L. Francis
Vice President of Research & Development
Media Logic Group

http://www.medialogicgroup.com
http://www.hamweather.com
http://www.alertsbroadcaster.com