[ldm-users] 20140701: Mcidas radar composites + SSEC archive access

Hi Brendon,

re:
>Has anyone had issues with receiving NOWRAD composites from Unidata?
>These may have stopped June 28.

The NEXRAD Level III composites that are distributed in the FNEXRAD IDD
datastream are flowing with no problems and seem to be making it to at
least one of your machines, cyclone.plymouth.edu.  Here is the the
link to the FNEXRAD volume plot for this machine:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?FNEXRAD+cyclone.plymouth.edu

Aside: The term 'NOWRAD composite' historically refers to Level III
composites created and distributed via point-to-point LDM feed by WSI.
If you are subscribed to receive these composites in the IDD WSI
datastream, you will need to contact WSI if the feed has stopped.

re:
>Also, we noticed that we are unable to access unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu for
>older satellite data, has there been a name change or is there some kind
>of outage?

unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu was decommissioned over a month ago.  Its IDD
relay and Unidata-Wisconsin (UNIWISC) rolling archive duties were
transferred to a motherlode clone housed in the UW/SSEC Data Center,
idd.ssec.wisc.edu.  Information on the content of and access to the
UNIWISC archive is described in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/

    Archived Data
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/#archived

      UNIWISC IDD Datastream
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the ldm-users archives: