Re: [ldm-users] 20131112: rtstats cumulative summary/graphs

I would venture a guess that this is because the content (the GIF) and the
closing boundary ("---ThisRandomString---") are not separated by a carriage
return/newline.

As for Chrome's reaction to the server's multipart/x-mixed-replace
response, you'll notice a "canceled" request under the Network tab in the
Developer Tools. I assume this is because WebKit could not locate the
closing ---ThisRandomString--- boundary due to what I mentioned above. Also
notice "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type
multipart/x-mixed-replace: "
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/rtstats_summary_volume?chicago-il-1.ldm.updraft.us+GRAPH"."in
the Console.

Chrome and Safari for iOS lack full support for multipart/x-mixed-replace,
thus why they don't parse the GIF and also leave the boundaries.