[ldm-users] server outage & mitigation

Our LDM server in Albany, NY, USA had some issues since 6 days ago.
 Admittedly, we did not realize it until today, but had it squared away
within 30 minutes of becoming aware of its trouble.

This was our fault and some "false negatives" in our alerting
system...(read "human stupidity on my part")...and not the fault of anyone
else at our company or any bandwidth/server provider.  (Mostly this server
carried text products, some NGRID and other images, and a few L2/L3 binary
products.)

Our other servers all continued to function without interruption (and all
of our servers carry backups of all feeds for just such situations.)

If this messed your world up, first let me apologize and offer that if
you'd like some backup ALLOW entries on our other servers...please don't
hesitate to contact me directly.

Apologies again to our downstream/dependent users and institutions.  I've
fixed our alerting and monitoring system to better detect with this sort of
issue in the future.  Have a great weekend.

--
Blair Trosper
Weather Data / Updraft Networks