[ldm-users] UCAR LDM/IDD downtime 13Z 11/04/13

Hello LDM List,

We are expecting an approximate downtime of 20 minutes for the below task
to be completed. The Unidata Program Center is striving to create a
"buffer" node on another network prior to this downtime to keep
all NOAAPort traffic in queue, and then re-populate the
idd.unidata.ucar.edu cluster once it is back up. If you have an
adequate failover, this should go by without data loss...and if we are
successful (which we think we will be) in the creation of our "buffer"
node, there will be no data loss from idd.unidata.ucar.edu..but there will
be the brief downtime and interruption of service.

The anticipated downtime, from message below, is 6:00 AM MST or 13:00Z on
Monday Nov 4th...for about 20 minutes.

<announce>

SCHEDULED OUTAGE NOTIFICATION

On Monday, November 4th, beginning at 6:00 a.m., NETS will be upgrading
IOS software on the FL core ethernet switches flra and fla-2123-c1-gs.
When flra is upgraded, other network traffic will fall over to the
secondary router, but a brief outage may occur.

Devices directly connected to these switches will experience ~20 minute
outage while the device reloads.

flra serves the FL2-3095 colocation area.
fla-2123-c1-gs serves floors 1, 2 and 3 on the west half of FLA

START: Mon Nov 4 2013 6:00 AM MST
DURATION: 1 hour window

SERVICES AFFECTED
UCAR Campus Network

</announce>

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your
understanding, if you feel you need a better failover, please contact:

support-idd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Weber
Unidata Program Center

  • Search the ldm-users archives: