[ldm-users] eliminating the "libxml2" subpackage

Greetings,

I'd like to know if eliminating the "libxml2" subpackage that comes
bundled with the LDM would cause problems for you. The "libxml2" library
is used by LDM 6.9 and later to access the LDM registry, which is
encoded in XML. This library has since become rather common on Unix
systems (e.g., "/usr/lib/libxml2*"). Because the "libxml2" subpackage is
both larger and takes more time to build than the rest of the LDM
package, I would like to eliminate it.

My question to you is this: "Is the only 'libxml2' library on your
computers the one from the LDM package and, if so, would it be costly to
install an official one from a 3rd party (e.g., the O/S vendor)?" Please
tell me if the answer is yes and also send me the output of the command
"uname -a"; otherwise, do nothing (I don't need any "no" answers :-).

It's in your best interest to let me know if this will be a problem.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer

  • Search the ldm-users archives: