[ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu brief outage

Due to very wet snow, we lost our NOAAPort signal. Yes, we do have a snow cover on the dish, but...almost zero data is coming through:

http://noaaport.admin.niu.edu:8025/

Every now and then, we'll get a low-bandwidth data piece from IDS and HDS to come across, but that's it. I thought the LDM on weather3.admin.niu.edu would step up and grab everything else off the backup site, which is UNIDATA. But, since it isn't, I manuallly flipped over weather3.admin.niu.edu to use idd.unidata.ucar.edu as primary, and all is well now. When wet snow comes down very hard, it's the only time a snow cover can't handle it well. First time in 4 years we've lost the signal for more than 20 minutes or so.

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **