Re: [ldm-users] signal

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013, Patrick L. Francis wrote:

NWS switched to their backup uplink at 10 AM this morning, and I see it is likely still damaged from Sandy. The signal was bouncing up and down on their backup after the storm hit their backup facility.

So the moral of this story is to ignore official nws data management notices? :)

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/dm-cgi-bin/chgshow.pl?fn=DM011301%20Post.txt

The moral of the story is that when they switch over, be afraid,
be VERY afraid. ;-)

Thanks for the update Gilbert :)

You bet! I'm seeing the signal drop out completely at times. Their
backup uplink site has some major issues.

http://noaaport.admin.niu.edu:8025

Wait, it looks like they did something in the last hour...maybe they finally fixed it?

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **