From: Tim Crum <tim.d.crum@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ldm-users] Weird VCPs?
To: Alan Hall <alan.hall@xxxxxxxx>, blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tim Crum <tim.d.crum@xxxxxxxx>

Alan and Blair,

The "odd" VCPs from KLGX are due to the experimental VCPs with a lower scan
angle: Old VCP # + 2 = New VCP #.  These were defined in the NWS Technical
Implementation Notice 11-38 on the NWS Field Test Using the New WSR-88D in
Grays Harbor County, WA.

The KOUN VCPs are experimental in that a 0.5 deg scan is added in the
middle of the VCP.  I need to work with NCDC to add these caveats.

The 255 VCPs are a puzzle to me.  I'll have to look into those.

Tim

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Alan Hall <alan.hall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI.  -Alan.

  • Search the ldm-users archives: