Re: [ldm-users] NDISP Error Message

This is probably more suited for the GEMPAK list than the LDM list, but
I'll give it a shot.

If you are remotely logged into the GEMPAK machine (with SSH or by some
other means), I would suspect that the DISPLAY setting on your local
machine is not being passed through.  Usually either '-X' or '-Y'
options on SSH will set up the DISPLAY tunneling properly, e.g.,

        localcomp> ssh -Y myuid@remcomp
        [password dialog]
        remcomp> ./localwxplot
        [GEMPAK output window pops up]

Depending on the set up, you may also need to ensure that
'X11Forwarding' is turned on in the remote server's SSHD configuration.

If this is a local process, then I would wonder why $DISPLAY is not set.
Are you on a PC running Cygwin/X or something?

Bret