[ldm-users] Data write issues when pqact is in debug mode

Hello everyone,

When throwing the LDM's pqact into debug mode to deal with an
unrelated issue, we see that it writes a lot of debug
messages to our ldmd.log, obviously. But, what it also did was
that while in debug mode, it slowed down the writes to the disk from level 2 data files that were coming in...by up to 30 minutes, and many of the incoming files just weren't writing. The moment we took the pqact off of debug mode, everything instantly came back and most missing Level 2 radar files wrote to disk in seconds. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/niu.weather                           *