Re: [ldm-users] ldm-users Digest, Vol 23, Issue 28

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, Tim.D.Crum wrote:

Sorry, this got put into my queue by accident. In Re: Level 2 outage on December 23:

All,

I just now opened my first emails related to the "outage." I notice no announcements from the TOC during the period.

At one point, all Level 2 data was about 40 minutes behind, but for
at least 3 hours, all L2 radar products were at least 10 minutes behind.
The "outage" came about as several people, myself included, had their
LDM's reject data older than 10 minutes.

Does anyone have stats on the pre-architecture vs post-architecture Level II reliability and latencies? How about the times of the outage?

Time of the data delays were from roughly 18:30Z through 21:38Z, although
there seemed to be no data at time from 15:30Z-17Z. 18:30 is when I first
noticed it; it may have (and probably did) go back earlier than that.

What made things a lot more difficult yesterday was that UNIDATA's rtstats
were down, so I couldn't tell if Purdue, Max Gigapop or OU was the issue.
Knowing OU's power was down, I couldn't tell which one was having the congestion. All I know is that I failed over to UIUC, which feeds directly from Purdue, and they had delays. I fed from UNIDATA, and they feed from all 3 sites, and they had the same delay. So it was affecting Purdue and the Max Gigapop site, and it still may be doing that. I have no way of knowing.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: