Re: [ldm-users] Duplicate Products (fwd)

Hi everyone...

I've shutdown the standalone EMWIN -> IDS|DDPLUS ingest system I announced
here just recently.

I am sorry for the few of you who were picking it up and still want it, but
I've been reading the duplicate issues that cannot be easily resolved.
There is another option for those of you who still want satellite derived
EMWIN though, at the end of this message.

That standalone system was setup specifically for when your IDS|DDPLUS feed
DIED and you had no upstream, so all you had to do was change your upstream
host for its hostname and you'd at least get some data in.   It was never
meant to be used in TANDEM with a normal noaaport stream.

With some sites connecting to emwin.aprsfl.net and NoaaPort at the same
time, and the products not lining up 100% between NoaaPort and EMWIN it's
causing too many issues.  (extra carriage returns, spacing in headers off a
space - but not all the time making it difficult to script-fix)

I'll leave all the software in place, I've just shut down the VM for now.
Should NoaaPort die or have unusable signal, I can easily turn it back on,
but during normal clear operating times, it'll be shutdown to prevent this
duplication issue.   Anyone during a NoaaPort outage can contact me directly
and I can fire it up remotely in seconds.

For those of you who would still like to pick up EMWIN received products for
backup - there still are on my main LDM system as product EXP (with EMWIN
prefix in the header).   You'll need to create a custom pqact file to
process the data with the prefix, otherwise it processes just like
IDS|DDPLUS.   Access to the EXP EMWIN feed is by request (just send me your
hostname).

Sorry for the confusion...  Was trying to help for when things went down...
Not create a new problem.

Kind regards,
Dave Anderson
KG4YZY