[ldm-users] NOAAport interference/outage monitoring

Hello everyone,

I just re-installed a Novra S-200 receiver on my system, now that I am
able to monitor statistics from it. Thanks to Jose Nieves for his
outstanding work on the brand new novramon and npstats packages that he
released yesterday. It now supports the new Novra S-200, so that we can
plot the statistics in very-near-realtime to an internal or external
web site, with updates every 60 seconds.

As the whole Galaxy 15/NOAAport situation continues to evolve,
if you want to see where issues potentially are, I now have my
S-200 statistics up at:

http://noaaport.admin.niu.edu:8025

Equipment for the curious:

3.7 meter, solid-spun dish from DH Satellite (20 years old, refurbished)
in the far western suburbs of Chicago
Norsat 3120 LNB
"Heavy duty" struts
Starcom dual-shielded RG-11 cable, 100' or so length
Novra S-200 receiver

Also, Jose Nieves' S-200 receiver in Puerto Rico has his output
available here:

http://www.opennoaaport.net:8025

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: