Re: [ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu outage

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

At 19:08Z (1:08 PM CST), a power line shorted and knocked out 6 buildings on the east side of caqmpus. At 22:08 Z (4:08 PM CST), we came back up. At 4:45 PM, I restarted my systems.

The problem was identified as a substation that supplies power to the east side of campus failed. Some buildings were put on power on the west side, apparently for unrelated reasons, and they stayed on. Exelon/ComEd, our commercial provider, has repaired the substation, and all systems should be operational by 3Z. They also told me that issues in the computer building were taken care of, so thankfully, it does appear power stability fears won't be realized. All is well.

But it is still Monday, with 73 minutes to go as I type this, so I dare not let my guard down...

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: