[ldm-users] NOAAport update #9,372

Ahhh, finally, a hair before 12Z this morning, the official
acknowledgment:

---
675
NOUS72 KNCF 061158
ADMNCF
THE AWIPS SBN SIGNAL HAS BEEN RESTORED AND THE NEW SIGNAL FREQUENCY
IS 1138.50.

ALL NEW SBN DATA IS PASSING WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE.

NCF/SMS

---

I suspect 1193.5 is being uplinked from a backup site (Fairmont, now that
they can get in?), and they're going to check to see what's going on
with that frequency.

I am getting utterly spectacular reception on 1138.5, BUT I'm getting
more retransmissions than usual. I suspect they're overloading a few NWS
receivers out there. My carrier to noise is over 100:1! :-o

I have no word yet on when they are going to go back to 1193.5.

And yes, we still have to deal with the G-15 bird issue in full yet.
@Tom Yoksas, muchas gracias, glad to help, and I'm going to stay on
1138.50 until I see a cut-off of signal, or I get the official word to
switch back.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: