[ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu update

Weather3.admin.niu.edu has new hard drives on, and it's happy as a clam. I wanted to get this done on Monday, but a supercell producing a funnel cloud and golfball-sized hail missed NIU Weather here by a scant 5 miles, and 20 miles north of us, an EF-2 tornado raged across the countryside. And, that tornado hit a house, severely damaging it, that was also hit by a strong tornado on January 7, 2008. Beautiful, typical weather for late November here in northern Illinois.

Anyway, all is well now: the 55 kv power line that shorted to ground was being worked on today. And, I will be taking weather3 down to beta test some new software very briefly for the rest of this afternoon; I won't say exactly what it is, but the initials are LDM. But those outages should only last a few minutes, and then you'll catch right up...and that only if you don't have weather2 or weather in your ldmd.conf file as backups (and you should).

In closing, I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, and may your manhole
covers not get blown 50' in the air when you plug in your outdoor displays...and well, I'm gonna park the cars and get the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season.

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: