[ldm-users] 20101105: FNEXRAD GRIB2 product -- high res gridded radar composite

Hi Jennifer,

The creation of the GRIB2 version of the 1 km composite of NEXRAD Level
III base reflectivity at tilt 1 product has been restored, and the
products are once again flowing in the IDD FNEXRAD feed.

We apologize for the interruption in service...

Jennifer Adams wrote:
>One of our favorite LDM products is an hourly high-res (~1km) gridded
>radar composite product in GRIB2 format. The last file received was at
>16:20Z 3 November. We have a query in the queue at unidata support
>(IDD #WXQ-924153) but have not heard anything other than it is 'under
>investigation'. Does anyone know the source of this data set, or if
>there is an alternative way to get it (an FTP server perhaps) or
>something similar as a backup while it is down?
>
>Here is the entry from our /etc/ldmd.conf file:
>
>REQUEST FNEXRAD "^radar_mosaic" idd.meteo.psu.edu
>REQUEST FNEXRAD "^radar_mosaic" idd.cise-nsf.gov
>
>Any guidance or suggestions will be most welcome!
>--Jennifer
>
>--
>Jennifer M. Adams
>IGES/COLA
>4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
>Calverton, MD 20705
>jma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the ldm-users archives: