To: <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:35 PM
Subject: [ldm-users] Status: Bigbird and sasquatch at Texas A&M

We had another power failure on campus today. bigbird was supposed to be on UPS, but, well, it still went down. Since our building network hardware was not on UPS, it wouldn't have mattered much.

Sasquatch is down for hardware replacement or significant overhaul. We'll restore it when the hardware or fixin's get here, hopefully soon. I may repurpose another machine for sasquatch in the interim.

bigbird is back up but will likely go down tomorrow for a SHORT period (<5 min) while I recheck UPS connections. Looks like the rest of the data center is in better shape this time.

gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983