From:   Steven Chiswell/SRNL/Srs
To:     Neil Smith <neils@xxxxxxxx>
Cc:     gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   08/31/2010 12:22 PM
Subject:        Re: [gembud] ingest only some of a model?

Neil,

Its pretty easy to pipe just the 0-48 hour forecast fields using the WMO
header in your pqact.

See the NCEP documentation here:
www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/appendixa.html

Use KWBC for the GFS, AWIPS grid designator "R" is the 40km 212 grid. The
grib2 grids start with L or M
as shown in the TTAAii CCCC order for a WMO header as given in that
appendix above.

6 hourly output would be
^L.R[A-I].. KWBC

To allow for three hour in between "M" designator times could look like

^(L.R[A-I]|M.R[BEHKLOPQ]).. KWBC

Chiz