[ldm-users] 20100722: ldmadmin-pl.config bug?? and scour inefficiency

Hi Jeff,

re:
>found something out that was confirmed by Gilbert..thanks Gilbert
>according to the ldmadmim-pl.config we can specify
>K or M or G for the queue size
>
>" Understood suffixes include "K", "M", and "G" for
># "kilo", "mega", and "giga", respectively.  The default requested size
># is 500 megabytes (i.e., "500M")."
>
>so for my radar (NEXRAD3 & NEXRAD2) storage/redistribution servers
>I felt safe with a 3 GB queue for each (12GB ram on servers)
>so I put 3G in the field ..
>low and behold when ANY type of wide area returns are on radar
>all my products became at a minimum of 10 to a max of 45 minutes late
>
>so I took my problem to Gilbert, he suggested I entered the Byte equivalent
>of 3 GB.. so that's what I did and after catching me up,
>my products are right on time and have been..

Specifying 1G should be equivalent to specifying the same size as
1000M, etc.

Question:

- did you compare the actual size of the queues on disk when specifying
  the size in ldmadmin-pl.conf?

  If the queue sizes are the same, the performance should be the same.

re:
>So this leads us to believe 'G' is not understood by ldmadmin.pl ...

We do not believe that there is any problem using the "K", "M", etc.
syntax, at least for current distributions of the LDM.  We use the 'nG'
syntax on all of the LDMs we administer including the top level IDD
relay nodes idd.unidata.ucar.edu and idd.cise-nsf.gov.

Question:

- what version of the LDM are you running?

If you continue to experience problems, please open an inquiry with
us by sending your question(s) to support-ldm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the ldm-users archives: