[ldm-users] Log rotation

When I compiled LDM the last few times, I changed the syslog facility from the default to local3 to better integrate into my syslog host.

But I don't see how that would affect the problem I'm having. One of my systems -- one that I admin but am not a user of and one on which others have ldm user privs -- has

0 0 * * * /home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin newlog

in ldm's crontab. This doesn't appears to be running regularly, though, as the rolled logs have seemingly random times. Worse, they somehow get owned by root.

Should I be looking somewhere else for where the log is being rotated? Can I just use logrotate instead (where I can control who owns the rolled files)?

Are the logs rolled when the daemon starts?

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws@xxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: