Re: [ldm-users] centos 5.4

Hi Evan,
yes the 3 php scripts
2 scripts that LDM PIPES to,
they split the vtec and non-vtec types by
zone/county send it to my warndb.php class
that class deciphers the vtec line, and files the
warning/watch/advisory by
type, issue, expire, text, and NWS order of importance
into my SQL db.
then on a 5 minute interval I have a custom map
script create these
(unless a Tornado Warning is issued then LDM has an EXEC line to
trigger an immediate re-create)
http://images.michiganwxsystem.net/warningmaps/alerts_us_640.png
http://images.michiganwxsystem.net/warningmaps/us_640_key.png

on my web-site I have this display
(minus the marine)
http://www.michiganwxsystem.com/usallwarn.php

also use my decoders to email subscribers their WWA's
you sign up via city,state I find the Zone & FIPS for the locale
add it an array of others, when a new statement comes in
the array is compared to the zone/fips if a match is made
statement is mailed to the matching email address
currently support text and html..
working on a cell version..

-Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan Lowery" <elowery@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Jeff Lake - Admin" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [ldm-users] centos 5.4

Hi Jeff,

Glad that you were able to get everything working. Curious as to what you mean by vtec warnings. I'm currently using GEMPAK gpwarn and GDPLOT3 to display watches and warnings. Its unfortunate that many of the miscellaneous watches and warnings can't be displayed such as frost and freeze advisories. Does the php code you are using have the ability to decode and display all watches and warnings? Always on the lookout for new ways to process and display the LDM data.

Thanks,
Evan