Re: [ldm-users] bigbird & sasquatch

Hi, Neil, Jeff, everyone..

Yeah, our campus had an inadvertent test of everyone's emergency power capabilities. The lab where Bigbird and Sasquatch are was down for a few minutes. Some areas of campus were down for minutes, others for a couple of hours. One of our DNS servers is STILL down.

Bigbird and Sasquatch failed to shutdown and recover the LDM process cleanly and required intervention. LDAP and file server problems caused delays. I got funny looks from the nurse in the doctor's office (routine appt. now that school's out!) since I was busily pounding away to get 'em back up.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're still slogging through some failures, but the Bird and sasquatch should be nominal, or, at least that's what they're reporting to me!

gerry

Neil Smith wrote:
In case Gerry Creager hasn't replied, the TAMU campus suffered a power outage today.

Neil R. Smith.     neils@xxxxxxxx
Comp Sys Mngr