Re: [ldm-users] 20090701: Hmmm...NGRID with no WMO headers?

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Tom Yoksas wrote:

All,

re: Gilbert asked
On my raw NOAAport feed off my satellite dish, I am seeing NGRID data
with no headers other than a "1". Is anyone else seeing this? See below.

I just got off a conference call with the NOAA technical contacts for
NOAAPort.  There _was_ a change made this morning by the contractor
that handles the SBN (Raytheon), and that change is negatively impacting
the Unidata NOAAPort ingest code.  The technical contacts should be
teleconferencing with Raytheon right now to see if the changes can
be undone.  If they can not, we will need to make some code modifications
in the NOAAPort ingest code to account for the changes made.

Just so everyone knows:

- the changes being alluded to above were made sometime between
 15:03 and 15:26 UTC this morning

I have it at exactly 15:15 UTC per my logs.

- the changes are affecting more than the IDD NGRID datastream; they
 are also negatively affecting the HDS datastream, but not as badly
 as NGRID

I just noticed that...yikes! Not as bad, but still significantly...

- the data in the NGRID and HDS products are good.  Users decoding
 the products using McIDAS-XCD (like me) should not have noticed
 any problems.

 Sites that have complex patterns for matching product IDs in
 LDM pattern-action files should have noticed that they have
 processed a fraction of the data that would normally be expected
 throughout the day.

- since CONDUIT data do not originate in NOAAPort, they remain
 unaffected.

Thanks, Tom, for all of the info. Please keep us posted.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: