Re: [ldm-users] Data question--GFS from NCEP servers

Hi Robert,

On the NCEP FTP server (ftp.ncep.noaa.gov) the GFS pgrb2b files contain 875mb and 825mb levels, the files are named:

ftp.ncep.noaa.gov:/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.YYYYMMDDCC/gfs.tCCz.pgrb2bfHH

Where YYYYMMDD is the Year, Month, Day string, CC is the cycle, and HH is the forecast hour.

Hope this helps,

Justin Cooke
NCEP Central Operations

Robert Mullenax wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a GLOBAL GFS operational dataset on the NCEP ftp servers that has the same vertical resolution in the lower levels as the Grid 212, which is North America only,..by that I means contains 875mb and 825mb levels? I can't seem to find one. If not, does anyone know of plans to add one?

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax
CSBF Meteorology