Re: [ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu outage

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

At precisely 18Z, our Internet 2 connection and primaary Internet connection from Cogent both went down. Techies are working on restoral, but right now, I have about dialup speed to the Internet. My NOAAport system is keeping all my data current minus the stuff from UNIDATA, of course, but I have no idea how long this will go on for. It's being worked on, and I will send a follow-up when we're back up.

Here's your update: the University just got a temporary raise in bandwidth for their tertiary Internet line from 80 mb/sec to 180 mb/sec, so some data is getting in/out from us now. Here's the latest word...

A router beween Fermilab and Starlight in downtown Chicago is shot. ETA of repair is unknown, but it is being worked on.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: