Re: [ldm-users] LDM not binding client source address?

  • To: Kyle Schaffrick <kyle@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] LDM not binding client source address?
  • From: Steve Emmerson <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:55:23 -0600
Kyle,

The LDM doesn't do anything special to determine what interface (i.e.,
IP address) to use when connecting to another LDM: it leaves that job to
the operating system.  You can see what the O/S is going to do via the
command "netstat -nr".  You can then use the route(8) utility's "add"
command to tell the O/S to use a specific interface when connecting to a
particular given host.  If you use an interface for which the upstream
LDM has an ALLOW entry, then things should work correctly.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer