[ldm-users] GEMPAK (NAWIPS) replacement

With my apologies to the non-GEMPAK users on the LDM users list, there was a
bit of talk recently about the replacement of GEMPAK with a Java-based AWIPS
II.  Gary Lackman, Chair of the Unidata Users Committee, sent an e-mail
announcement concerning the Unidata User Committe meeting in April.  Contained
in that e-mail he referenced a link to the Users Committee status report:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/committees/usercom/2008AprMtg/statusreports/community.html

Contained in that link are PDF of presentations given by Jason Tuell, NWS and
Scott Jacobs, NCEP:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Presentations/AWIPS/AE_Overview_NCEP_v2-1.pdf
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Presentations/AWIPS/AMS%202008%20Briefing%206A-3%20final.pdf

I recommend you check out these presentations for more info on the
GEMPAK(NAWIPS) replacement.

Thanks to the Unidata User Committee for the updates.

Robert Mullenax
CSBF Meteorology
CSBF/NMSU

  • Search the ldm-users archives: