Re: [ldm-users] 20080216: Nexrad Level 3 (cont.)

Tom,
  I reset my time update to use ntpd I noticed the that at 0z my latency was
almost
nil, then as the day progressed I would hit a high of almost 6 seconds, and
then fall
right off to nil again at 0z .. I found the root CRON and seen the ntpdate
daemon running
at 0z everyday so that solved that .. my system is now using ntpd.

I noticed that this arbitrary problem stopped happening at 21z the last time
I have seen it.

>I am not familiar with your setup.  Are you relaying the Nexrad Level
>3 data to other sites using the LDM?

No I am not relaying Level 3 data, it is filed on this server and
then I have 12 people that use a desktop Level 3 program to view the
data.

>If you are not relaying using the LDM, what are you referring to by
>"all the sites just stop updating"?  Updating where and how?

I stop getting data, its like my upstream LDM's have stopped receiving it
themselves, I get no error in the ldmd.log, just the data is not there, the
only thing
I see in the log for the 15-20 minute period is the EXP and DDPLUS data,
and a handful of NEXRAD data, no where near the normal.

>What is your pqact pattern for processing the Level
>3 products you are receiving?

NEXRAD ^SDUS[2357]. .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(...)(...)
FILE -close data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/\5/\4/\4_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\2\3

of coarse the copy and paste took out the tabs but they are there.

I doubt is its related or not, but when Gerry chimed in and
said he would re-start bigbird, that is about the time the
problem corrected itself.

now that I look at this
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NNEXRAD+level3.michiganwxsystem.net
it is showing up the spikes in latency upwards of 800 seconds,
as I compare it with Tylers machine
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NNEXRAD+level3.allisonhouse.com
he is showing the same odd spikes at the or close to the same times I am
now its on bigbird as well
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NNEXRAD+bigbird.tamu.edu
so it looks like it was very hit and miss, and coming from before my
upstream hosts ...

Or am I not reading these correctly ??

-Jeff

  • Search the ldm-users archives: