Re: [ldm-users] Weather.admin.niu.edu down...and looking for ideas.

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Rob Dale wrote:

I've had periodic lockups with Fedora ever since release and all I run is
GEMPAK on my box... I've since wiped that off and gone with CentOS (free,
identical version of RedHat Enterprise) at http://centos.org and NEVER had a
problem. Never.

When you say "lockups", what do you mean? Do you get the same kernel "journal error" message that I do?

Up until now, I have only had a few complaints, but no show-stoppers, and when there have been problems, it's been my lack of experience to blame.

Again, it's running flawlessly on two Pentium 4s, essentially identical and installed the same way with the same options...just different hardware.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: