[ldm-users] Note about EMWIN feed from www.ehs.niu.edu, and EMWIN FTP feed

Hello all,

If anyone is using my EMWIN feed via the LDM at www.ehs.niu.edu, be advised that the NWS is having a problem with the FTP side of things. They have found the problem and can easily fix it, but due to a critical weather day declaration because of Humberto that lasts through tomorrow, they are not allowed to fix it until Monday. Furthermore, the script I am using might, repeat, might need some tweaking to make sure everything is coming in as well. Until then, there are missing products galore, but on Monday everything should be back to normal.

This also affects anyone who use EMWIN software that uses the FTP server as their data source. Missing data include, but are not limited to, hourly weather roundups, climate summaries, and more. You should also be aware that the NWS is having frequent failures of that site whose filenames do not begin with the "new" at the start of the name, and you should migrate ASAP to those that do contain that prefix.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: