Re: ldm dedup rule

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 15:28 -0400, Rout, Minaketan wrote:

> We are receiving NOAAPort data via LDM. We also ingest WMO formatted
> bulletin  manually using pqing. We like to apply dedup rule to make
> sure if there is an same bulletin processed before. If so then the new
> bulletin should get rejected.
>

> How can I know LDM dedup rules? I would appreciate if you point me in
> right direction.

Ketan,

Pqing by default for WMO bulletins will compute the MD5 checksum only on
the data portion of the WMO bulletin (eg following the FOS start of
product sequence ans sequence number). This is disabled using the "-5"
option to allow the full product
including the sequence number to be used in the MD5.

Ensure that your MD5 from your LDM source is calculating the MD5
similarly
depending on the source of your LDM data stream. The Unidata IDD stream
will match the default behavior of pqing.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

--
Steve Chiswell <chiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>