Re: IDD data retrieval after power outage

Hi Brendon,

Unidata provides a service for situations such as this.

A short term (3-7 days depending upon feed) archive of most of the LDM/IDD
data stream is held at:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu

This data is password protected, if you need to access the archive for
periods of time when your LDM is down, please contact us/me for a
password.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber                                    jweber@xxxxxxxx        :

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Brendon Hoch wrote:

> LDMers,
>
> Last year I was able to minimize data loss during an 8 hour power outage
> by accessing Pete Pokrandt's archives of the raw IDD feeds for DDPLUS
> and HDS (see below).  Unfortunately, Pete no longer maintains this, so
> I'm looking for other options.  I need raw data for DDPLUS/HDS from 7Z
> to 19Z 3 June 2007 and will need data for an upcoming outage on June
> 15th.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon
>
> >  >Hello LDMers,
> >  >
> >  >We're scheduled to have an 8 hour power outage next month.  What is the
> >  >recommended procedure to retrieve IDD data once the juice comes back on?
> >  >  I'm assuming it involves FTPing hourly data files from somewhere, then
> >  >running pqact -q /path/to/hourlyfilename so we can get the data back
> >  >into our archives.  I'd like to confirm that everything will go smoothly
> >  >before we turn out the lights...
> >  >
> >  >Thanks,
> >  >Brendon
> >
> > Brendon,
> >
> > Sorry, I just realized I never got back to you.
> >
> > We archive the raw LDM feed for the DDPLUS and HDS feeds, I can
> > get you access to those files (1 per hour) and you can feed
> > them back into your ldm as a replay, with a command such as
> >
> > pqing -l - -q /u2/ldm/data/ldm.pq -f hrs 2001011511.HRS
> >
> > Pete
> >

> --
> Brendon Hoch
> Technology Manager