You're not the first to report this sort of behavior. A ham radio group
in Florida I'm also feeding off Bigbird has reported seeing this. I've
spent a bit of time trying to verify the problem and then look into
causes. It did coincide with my installation of 6.6.2 on bigbird,
however, in the case of the system in Florida (they had been running
6.4.2) and an upgrade on their part reduced the problem but didn't
Tyler Allison wrote:
[for ldm-6.6.0 and ldm-6.6.2]
If I use the following feed pattern [upstream = idd@wisc and bigbird@tamu]:
the data seems to flow down to me in "chunks". What I mean by this is that
is when I run 'ldmadmin watch' I see no data for between 4 and 10 minutes.
Then all of a sudden the last 4-10 minutes worth of data comes down within
a 3 second period. It then holds again...and 4-10 minutes later another
payload of data comes down...etc...etc.
If the *ONLY* thing I change is the feed pattern to:
request WMO ".*" upstream.server.edu
The data feed runs normal.
I'm confused! I, and the upstream, have bandwidth to burn so I'm leaving
the feed as ".*"...my pattern was attempting to conserve bandwidth for the
upstream providers but it seems I did more harm than good.
I havent totally verified this issue but it seems to be the culprit. Can
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Texas Mesonet -- AATLT, Texas A&M University
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983
Office: 1700 Research Parkway Ste 160, TAMU, College Station, TX 77843