Canadian station data

Starting around April of 2006, I've noticed that the precipitation observations
from some of the Canadian stations are reporting erroneously (this may be old
news?).  Two such stations are CXTO and CXVN.  These may be CWOP stations.  In
general, prior to April the data seemed reasonable.  I've check the daily
summary of these stations using a web site in Canada and compared that to the
METAR observations in the LDM feed and they are not even close.

I've searched the archives and not found any discussion about this.

Does anyone know of a change in how Canadian stations are reporting
precipitation or has anyone else noticed this?

Regards,

Wayne Gibson
Oregon State University
  • Search the ldm-users archives: