Weatherx.admin.niu.edu networking problems

Dear weatherx.admin.niu.edu data users,

One of our Cisco routers on our NIU campus is dying, which routes traffic to and from and within campus. This is resulting in intermittent network connectivity. A cure will be put into place later today, but we could be down an hour if a reboot of the router is required. So far, data is still getting to my users. If you are doing the ALTERNATE site feed option of LDM 6.4.6 and later, no worries mate, this email is just an FYI. Otherwise, feel free to switch to a backup until tomorrow if you don't want any chance of losing any data. I realy, REALLY recommend you have an alternate, automatic feed site set up which you can do in LDM 6.4.6 and later. You won't notice a thing if one site has a problem, and if you do see no data, chances are YOUR network is down!

Weatherx.admin.niu.edu and weather.cod.edu are running LDM 6.4.7.3 beta with no problems. Very stable, I like it, I like it.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: