No 12 UTC GFS data or ETA data

FYI...

-------- Original Message --------

Due to NOAA backup testing the GFS, ETA (and several other) 12 UTC model runs have been
cancelled.

See below:

All users of NCEP model data:

NCEP will perform a quarterly super computer backup exercise on Wednesday, 14 July 2004 during the 12 UTC forecast cycle (1200-1700 UTC models). If weather conditions preclude performing this exercise on this date, we will attempt it again the following day, Thursday 15 July 2004 (again during the 12 UTC forecast
cycle).

For this current exercise NCEP model data will not be made available during the 12 UTC forecast cycle. The only exception to this is that the 12 UTC NGM MOS and GFS MOS products will be distributed at the end of the test (approximately 3
hours late).

Further information on the type of products available from the backup processing
and their approximate delivery times can be found at the following web site:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/ncepbk/ncep_backup.html

Example data sets from our backup partners (AFWA, FNMOC, and NOAA/FSL) can be
found at:

ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf_backup/

As always NCEP appreciates your patience during these exercises which are
required to assure the continued flow of model guidance in the event of an
outage at our super computer facility.

:end

Matthew Lazzara -Meteorologist- Antarctic Meteorological Research Center
947 Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences    http://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu
Space Science and Engineering Center         E-mail: mattl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Wisconsin-Madison                    Phone: (608) 262-0436
1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706           Fax: (608) 263-6738

  • Search the ldm-users archives: