NIU LDM down again this morning, due to pqsurf

Hey all,

Once again Weather3.admin.niu.edu had it's LDM crash at 5 AM (10Z) this
morning. Something is up with pqsurf, as I am getting errors about it on
all my machines. Strangely, it's only shutting down weather3, though. On
Friday, I thought it was a kernel error. And although I am getting kernel
errors, more verbose output I now have shows this:

Apr 19 05:04:54 weather3 kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:02 (hda),
sector 80203072
Apr 19 05:05:01 weather3 kernel: application bug: pqsurf(10677) has
SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
Apr 19 05:05:01 weather3 kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
Workaround activated.

I only get the I/O errors when the dreaded pqsurf error pops up.

I have shut off pqsurf on weather3 until I can find out why this is
happeneing, and to see if UNIDATA can fix this.

Sorry for any inconvenience. FYI...I am running Fedora Core 1, fully
patched.

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: