Re: NIU down from 10Z-15Z UPDATE...read!

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> My weather3.admin.niu.edu LDM was down from 10Z-15Z. Something bad
> happened at 10:01Z that caused a "signal 7" to occur and the LDM shut
> itself down. I deleted the queues, shut down the LDM, and restarted with
> no problems. Data is flowing now.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience...I have no idea what happened.

I found out what happened. An error on my disk drive. I may be down until
17:30Z while I do a slow e2fsck on my file system. Weather2.admin.niu.edu
is your primary backup, weather.admin.niu.edu is secondary and both are
working. Sorry for the inconvenience.

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: