Re: New Red Hat 3 WS ??

FYI,

ClamAV (Clam Antivirus) is a free, open-source (GPL) antivirus
that works on most *nix platforms, as well as win32 (under
Cygwin).  They apparently have good response on updates of
new virus definitions, mailing lists, etc, and people
use this in conjunction with sendmail, postfix, et al to
filter email viruses.  IIRC, somebody was working on a
VFS for Samba, so that remote virus scans were also
a possibility (you might check samba-technical maillist
archives if interested)

http://www.clamav.net/

HTH,

Jared
Univ of OK

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Michael W Dross wrote:

> The IT dept if forcing me to install anti-virus software on our current
> Intel linux boxes.  They recommend that we upgrade
> our existing machines that are currently running Mandrake 7.1 through Red
> Hat 9.0. to the new corporate version of Linux:
> Red Hat 3 WS.
>
> Apparently the only Anti-Virus software that works with the new version of
> Red Hat, is F-Prot.  I have never
> heard of it before.
>
> So my question is: Have you had any experience with Red Hat 3 WS ? Will it
> run the current versions of WXP and LDM software?
> How about GEMPAK?
>
> Thanks for your help,   I  have a bad feeling about this "upgrade" :-(

> Michael Dross                             mdross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Duke Power Company                  Meteorologist/Scientist
> 9700 David Taylor Dr.               Voice: 704-594-0341
> Charlotte, NC 28269                       Mobile: 980-722-0756

Jared P. Bostic
Oklahoma Climatological Survey Operations Center
Email:  jpbostic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
USmail: 100 East Boyd, Suite 1210, Norman, OK  73019
Phone: (405) 325-3231 / Pager: (405) 530-4478
Fax:   (405) 325-2550

  • Search the ldm-users archives: