New NLDN feed machine - final reminder

Hi again,
     Most people have switched over to using
striker2.atmos.albany.edu for the NLDN data feed.

     We now ask that everybody switch over.
We plan to turn off the old striker on May 1, 2004.
Please switch before then.

Thanks
David

----- Begin Included Message -----
Hi all,
    After more than 7 years of faithful service the time is
near to retire striker.atmos.albany.edu. With the help of a
Unidata equipment grant we have bought a new machine to
replace striker, which we unimaginatively named striker2.
Striker2 will better handle the load when lightning season
gets in full swing. It will also allow us to continue adding
downstream feed sites.
    If you request the NLDN feed from striker.atmos.albany.edu
please change the request to striker2.atmos.albany.edu.
We will leave striker up for now in case there are problems,
but we plan to shut it down this spring. I'll send out a
reminder once we have chosen a date. Let us know at
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have problems with striker2.
Thanks
David

David Knight
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences   Tel: (518)-442-4204
UAlbany, SUNY   ES-228                         Fax: (518)-442-4494
Albany, NY  12222                              Email: knight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- End Included Message -----

  • Search the ldm-users archives: