Re:Decode/File data in two directories

Chiz (and Pat),
Couldn't you also provide a path (using -e GEMTBL) to a different table that
would file the entries somewhere else?
Clint

>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:36:04 -0700 (MST)
>From: Steve Chiswell <chiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick.oreilly@xxxxxxx>
>cc: ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re:Decode/File data in two directories
>

>Patrick,
>
>You do not need to use the global decoding pqact entry. I also provide in the
>decoders example, pqact entries on a per type basis. Also, if you provide a
file
>name, the gribkey.tbl is not needed. For example, to decode
>the ETA grids, I provide in the pqact.gempak_decoders file:
>
># ETA model output
># -------------------
># NOAAport ETA grids
># Grid #211 80km CONUS:  ^[YZ].Q.*/mETA
># Grid #212 40km CONUS:  ^[YZ].R.*/mETA
># Grid #214 47.5km Alaska: ^[YZ].T.*/mETA
># Grid #215 20km CONUS:    ^[YZ].U.*/mETA
># Grid #216 45km Alaska:   ^[YZ].V.*/mETA
># Grid #217 22.5km Alaska: ^[YZ].Y.*/mETA
># Grid #218 12km CONUS:    ^[YZ].B.*/mETA
># Grid #242 11.25km Alaska:^[YZ].S.*/mETA
># Select any/all grids desired from [QRTUVYBS]
>
>HDS ^[YZ].[QRTUVYBS].*/mETA
>       PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_ETA.log
>                -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
>               data/gempak/model/YYYYMMDDHH_eta@@@.gem
>
>In the above, select which grids you want, and modify the list [QRTUVYBS]
>accordingly. The @@@ in the output file name will be replaced by the
>grid number found in the data. You can modify the path on the output file
>to anywhere independent of the gribkey.tbl entry.
>

>Steve Chiswell
>

>On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
>

>> Hi again,
>> We at UNI were having mail server problems yesterday, and seem to be
lingering
>> today, therefore none of your responses are getting through to me, I have to
>> read them from ldm-users archive.  Anyway, Ben Cotton's reply about the two
>> file entries for one product in pqact.conf is adequate for data that you
>> simply file, but for the global grid data decoder I have:
>

>> # Global GRIB decoding action. Products stored maintained in
>> $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl
>> #
>> HDS|NMC2     ^([HOYZ]|/afs)
>>         PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -v 1 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib.log
>>         -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/tables
>>
>> where the table in GEMPAK tells the ldm where to file and what to name the
>> data if I'm not mistaken.  How can I tell the ldm in a similar entry to file
>> only certain types of data in another directory?  I can figure out the
>> feedtype/reg exp in the first line, but the rest is not clear.  Do I need to
>> pipe the subset of grids into a script of some sort?  Thanks again for your
>> suggestions.
>>
>> Patrick
>> Patrick O'Reilly
>> Meteorological Decision Support Scientist
>> The STORM Project - University of Northern Iowa
> [...]

Clinton M. Rowe
Associate Professor
Meteorology/Climatology Program                  phone:(402)472-1946
Department of Geosciences                          fax:(402)472-4917
University of Nebraska-Lincoln                        crowe1@xxxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: