From: Gerry Creager N5JXS
To: Robert Mullenax
Cc: 'Patrick O'Reilly'; ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 11/14/2003 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: LDM/GEMPAK NFS Question

Then again, the only problem I can attribute to using nfs on RH9 is some

remaining virus traffic.

I'm running v3 here on Mesonet. We do some "interesting" cross-mounts without problems.

gerry

Robert Mullenax wrote:

Under RH 6.2, we would have to specify NFS version 2, but this
version of RH supports version 3.  I would maybe look at NFS
versions to see which version each box is running.

As an aside, based on a lot of NFS use here..
I will say that you will be much happier in the long run
if you just ran Solaris x86 instead of RH 9. NFS was and continues to be a problem on Linux. You will never get
the same NFS performance with a Linux NFS server as you
would with a Solaris box (SPARC or x86).

Robert